By Desiree Johnson
Welcome to the Your Hair Story Series presented by Mixed Chicks. This dynamic, new innovative series allows Mixed Chicks users to share their personal stories behind their hair. Hair that kinks, coils, curls, waves, and tells a story reflecting their culture, race, ethnicity, and upbringing. Like our customers, hair comes in all shades, textures and shapes unique to each individual and here at Mixed Chicks we want to celebrate that to the utmost extent. Meet our exquisite Mixed Chicks women, men, and children who exhibit beauty from the root and give us honest, bold stories that we are honored to share with you.
- What has your experience been with the Mixed Chicks products?
My experience with mixed chicks so far has been amazing, I Love the product, it’s so great to have a product that is fulfilling , my hair is rejoiced.
▪ What makes them different than other hair/beauty products you tried in the past?
The quality of the product, the consistency and formula. I have tried so many “curly hair” products, but none that I felt I Loved and could always rely on.
▪ Do you have a Go-To or token Mixed Chick Product you cannot go without?
My go to or token mixed chicks product is the Leavein conditioner, my all time Fave!
▪ How has having a product specifically for your biracial/ethnic/multiracial background impacted your beauty regime?
Having a product like mixed chicks has impacted my beauty regime so much because I feel confident in my curls. This product has taken my curly hair to another level and I embrace my biracial background so much more because I am proud to show off my curly hair.
▪ How do your curls/hair texture represent your cultural/ethnic background?
My curls are a representation of my multicultural background, I am mixed and having kinky/curly hair shows off that I am of many backgrounds and can embrace my not so fine hair.
▪ What is one feature of the Mixed Chicks brand that empowers your hair/beauty care?
Consistency in the product. I am greatful that this is a product my hair Loves & doesn’t fail me.
▪ If you could define Your Hair Story in one word what would it be?
▪ Why is the hair revolution celebrating natural/healthy hair types vital for our generation?
For so many reasons; I want all young girls of any multicultural background to embrace who they are & their curly hair. If we keep up this positive outlook on confidence in our curls I believe younger girls will have positive rolemodels to look up to.
▪ If your ‘Mixed Chick’ story were a song, what would it be?
Pretty Hurts Beyonce.
▪ Do you have any go-to beauty/hair bloggers or vloggers who inspire or help your hairstyles?
∙ Sunkiss Alba, Lipstick N Curls.
Interested parties can feel free to LIKE, TWEET, or FOLLOW our social media pages for the latest posts/updates and contact our email for questions on how to get involved. We are looking to showcase anyone who uses the Mixed Chicks brand of beauty products and wants to share their story. What’s the story behind your hair? Let us know!