By Desiree Johnson
Welcome to the Your Hair Story Series presented by Mixed Chicks. This dynamic, new innovative series allows Mixed Chicks users to share their personal stories behind their hair. Hair that kinks, coils, curls, waves, and tells a story reflecting their culture, race, ethnicity, and upbringing. Like our customers, hair comes in all shades, textures and shapes unique to each individual and here at Mixed Chicks we want to celebrate that to the utmost extent. Meet our exquisite Mixed Chicks women, men, and children who exhibit beauty from the root and give us honest, bold stories that we are honored to share with you.
Brandon Lee Cook
- What has your experience been with the Mixed Chicks products?
So far my experience with Mixed Chicks Hair Products has been awesome, it has helped my curls reach new levels of greatness!
▪ What makes them different than other hair/beauty products you tried in the past?
What makes Mixed Chicks different is that the products are sulfate free, and actually work with all types of curly hair!
▪ Do you have a Go-To or token Mixed Chick Product you cannot go without?
I absolutely love the leave in conditioner! I put it in my hair at night after a shower and before bed, and wake up with awesome curls. The product helps keep them defined!
▪ How has having a product specifically for your biracial/ethnic/multiracial background impacted your beauty regime?
It has made me embrace my my hair and love myself even more knowning there is something out there for me! Because I don’t have thin straight hair and I don’t have thick course hair! I’m appreciative!
▪ How do your curls/hair texture represent your cultural/ethnic background?
My curls represent the wonderful adventure of life and they unity of my blended background.
▪ What is one feature of the Mixed Chicks brand that empowers your hair/beauty care?
The description on the bottle, I love how blunt and to the point it is!
▪ If you could define Your Hair Story in one word what would it be?
▪ Why is the hair revolution celebrating natural/healthy hair types vital for our generation?
Because its like unlocking the cheat codes to life, nobody taught me this stuff I just discovered it, and once something like this is shared with others it can take the world by storm! People are now aware of how awesome their hair can be!
▪ If your ‘Mixed Chick’ story were a song, what would it be?
The Title would be “Mulattolee – Girls love my curls” haha
▪ Do you have any go-to beauty/hair bloggers or vloggers who inspire or help your hairstyles?
I have so many fans and supporters who tell others about my channel where I speak on mixed chicks conditioner etc. My youtube channel is
Interested parties can feel free to LIKE, TWEET, or FOLLOW our social media pages for the latest posts/updates and contact our email for questions on how to get involved. We are looking to showcase anyone who uses the Mixed Chicks brand of beauty products and wants to share their story. What’s the story behind your hair? Let us know!