By Desiree Johnson
Welcome to the Your Hair Story Series presented by Mixed Chicks. This dynamic, new innovative series allows Mixed Chicks users to share their personal stories behind their hair. Hair that kinks, coils, curls, waves, and tells a story reflecting their culture, race, ethnicity, and upbringing. Like our customers, hair comes in all shades, textures and shapes unique to each individual and here at Mixed Chicks we want to celebrate that to the utmost extent. Meet our exquisite Mixed Chicks women, men, and children who exhibit beauty from the root and give us honest, bold stories that we are honored to share with you.
- What has your experience been with the Mixed Chicks products?
My experience with the Mixed Chicks products has been wonderful. Their products exceed all my expectations.
▪ What makes them different than other hair/beauty products you tried in the past?
The Mixed Chicks products really work! They actually do what they say they’re going to do. They moisturize and define each curl, without weighing them down.
▪ Do you have a Go-To or token Mixed Chick Product you cannot go without?
I cannot go without the Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner. This is the best leave-in conditioner in the market. All day long without frizzies!
▪ How has having a product specifically for your biracial/ethnic/multiracial background impacted your beauty regime?
Using the Mixed Chicks product line has made by mornings much easier. My kids don’t dread getting their hair done every morning. Their products minimize knottiness.
▪ How do your curls/hair texture represent your cultural/ethnic background?
My daughter is biracial (black & white) and has fierce, super kinky curly hair that is soft to the touch, thanks to the Mixed Chicks product line.
▪ What is one feature of the Mixed Chicks brand that empowers your hair/beauty care?
The one feature that empowers my kids’ hair care is the ability to feel confident that their curls will rock! No frizzies all day. Everyone always asks to touch their hair.
▪ If you could define Your Hair Story in one word what would it be?
▪ Why is the hair revolution celebrating natural/healthy hair types vital for our generation?
I think the hair revolution is vital for our generation because not everyone has the same hair type and texture. Unique hair textures deserve their own formula, and I’m very thankful for Mixed Chicks products.
▪ If your ‘Mixed Chick’ story were a song, what would it be?
The One by Mary J. Blige
▪ Do you have any go-to beauty/hair bloggers or vloggers who inspire or help your hairstyles?
I really don’t have any go-to hair bloggers. I just celebrate hair, hairstyles, hair textures… knowing that you always change your look with your hair is an amazing thing. #Transformable
My instagram is: monroe949,
Facebook: Robyn Monroe
Interested parties can feel free to LIKE, TWEET, or FOLLOW our social media pages for the latest posts/updates and contact our email for questions on how to get involved. We are looking to showcase anyone who uses the Mixed Chicks brand of beauty products and wants to share their story. What’s the story behind your hair? Let us know!