By Desiree Johnson
Welcome to the Your Hair Story Series presented by Mixed Chicks. This dynamic, new innovative series allows Mixed Chicks users to share their personal stories behind their hair. Hair that kinks, coils, curls, waves, and tells a story reflecting their culture, race, ethnicity, and upbringing. Like our customers, hair comes in all shades, textures and shapes unique to each individual and here at Mixed Chicks we want to celebrate that to the utmost extent. Meet our exquisite Mixed Chicks women, men, and children who exhibit beauty from the root and give us honest, bold stories that we are honored to share with you.
- What has your experience been with the Mixed Chicks products?
My experience with Mixed Chicks products has always been wonderful, especially with the leave in conditioner, my hair absolutely loves it !!
- What makes them different than other hair/beauty products you tried in the past?
Mixed Chicks with me just by its name alone, being multiracial, I love to see products that connects with people like myself and unify us.
- Do you have a Go-To or token Mixed Chick Product you cannot go without?
My token Mixed Chicks product is the leave in conditioner, super moisturizing and it gives me great hold! love it!
- How has having a product specifically for your biracial/ethnic/multiracial background impacted your beauty regime?
Having a product specifically for my multiracial background has kept me hopefully and empowered, when I was growing up I didn’t really connect with any one because I felt so left out and different, now I learned that different is good but also I’ve connected with so many women through this journey and learned that accepting who you are is your true beauty and embracing that through your regime.
- How do your curls/hair texture represent your cultural/ethnic background?
My curls and my texture represent my Belizean, Indian and German background by being unique, big and vibrant just like the beautiful nations whose blood runs through my veins.
- What is one feature of the Mixed Chicks brand that empowers your hair/beauty care?
It empowers me to be myself, flaws and all
- If you could define Your Hair Story in one word what would it be?
- Why is the hair revolution celebrating natural/healthy hair types vital for our generation?
With our society being harsh and cruel at times, many ideals of beauty has impacted how a lot of people feel about themselves. The hair revolution has connected so many of us in a positive way that makes us learn to appreciate, admire and empower each other.
- If your ‘Mixed Chick’ story were a song, what would it be?
Grown Woman- Beyonce lol
- Do you have any go-to beauty/hair bloggers or vloggers who inspire or help your hairstyles?
SantiniHoudini, SunKissAlba and HeyFranFran
My Instagram is @sephoritasenorita
Interested parties can feel free to LIKE, TWEET, or FOLLOW our social media pages for the latest posts/updates and contact our email for questions on how to get involved. We are looking to showcase anyone who uses the Mixed Chicks brand of beauty products and wants to share their story. What’s the story behind your hair? Let us know!