By Desiree Johnson
Welcome to the Your Hair Story Series presented by Mixed Chicks. This dynamic, new innovative series allows Mixed Chicks users to share their personal stories behind their hair. Hair that kinks, coils, curls, waves, and tells a story reflecting their culture, race, ethnicity, and upbringing. Like our customers, hair comes in all shades, textures and shapes unique to each individual and here at Mixed Chicks we want to celebrate that to the utmost extent. Meet our exquisite Mixed Chicks women, men, and children who exhibit beauty from the root and give us honest, bold stories that we are honored to share with you.
What does being (“Mixed, Multiracial or Bi-racial) mean to you in 2017?
- To me, being multiracial is phenomenal. I idenitify with not only one culture but THREE! It’s pretty awesome and mind blowing when you fully understand your multi heritage
Do you have a Go-To or token Mixed Chick Product you cannot go without?
- OMG YES! Mixed Chicks Leave-In.
How has having a product specifically for your cultural/biracial/ethnic/multiracial background impacted your beauty regime?
- It allows me more time in the morning to spend with my son before work and school. Because this product allows me to go a good week without another application, I get more time away from my bathroom sink 🙂
How do your curls/hair texture represent your cultural/ethnic background?
- My curls ARE my culture! Each unique twist, coil, curl and twirl make up the personality my hair gives. I have yet to go anywhere without someone asking about my ethnic background and I love using that question as a door opener for new friends, thoughts, ideas, conversations.
What is one feature of the Mixed Chicks brand that empowers your hair/beauty care?
- One big feature that empowers my hair care is that it allows my hair to be itself.. in a tame (more or less) way
Why is the hair revolution celebrating natural/healthy hair types vital for our generation?
- I believe celebrating hair is just the beginning. It starts at our roots and will trickle down to our toes. It is helping us embrace what we were born with and learn never to conform to what “should be”. Loving thyself is what’s most vital and I’m so glad that natural hair/health could be a gateway for the movement
What’s your Go-to summer hairstyle?
- Wash N’Go!!
Is there a (Mixed/Multiracial/Bi-racial) celebrity who empowers you?
- Yara Shahidi, Zendaya, Zoe Saldana and Tracee Ellis Ross
Do you have any go-to beauty/hair bloggers or vloggers who inspire or help your hairstyles?
- Jade “LipstickNCurls”
Do you use any other Mixed Chicks products as part of your beauty routine? (Paddle Brushes/Make-Up/ Soap/Spring Bands)
- Not at the moment, but I would love to try
What new 2017 Mixed Chicks product are you interested in trying out? (New Products onMixedChicks.Net)
- No Frizz Trio.. my frizz is on a whole different level but I learn to embrace it 🙂
Interested parties can feel free to LIKE, TWEET, or FOLLOW our social media pages for the latest posts/updates and contact our email for questions on how to get involved. We are looking to showcase anyone who uses the Mixed Chicks brand of beauty products and wants to share their story. What’s the story behind your hair? Let us know!